Wednesday, February 27, 2008

If today, you went to the Doctor and found out you had 6 months to live.What would you do differently? What would you change in your life? Would you keep everything exactly the same?
I think most people would say no,there would be a lot of things they would change.Things they would do.Relationships that they would try to mend.What would you get rid of and what would you keep.

Why is it that most of us choose to hang on the jobs we dislike. Relationships that suck the life out of us.We hold onto grudges way too long.We choose to be unforgiving to some.Choosing to hold onto that unforgiveness till the day we die,and the funny thing is the person we don't forgive usually doesn't know we are holding a grudge,And it is eating us alive, but meanwhile they go on their merry way,never realizing what we are holding onto.

We tend to walk through this life miserable at times.Plodding through our day.But when faced with the possibility of maybe leaving this earth,people go into high gear.They start to enjoy life.Even the small things that we over look each day.

I remember a time when I babysat my friends daughter Julianna ,she was around 3 at the time.One day I decided I would take her for a walk.She didn't want the stroller.Well, my children are older and I forgot how it is to walk with a small child.My plan was to quickly go around the block,she would then take a nap, and then I would have some quiet time.Her plan and mine were not the same,I soon found out. She was going to stop every foot and check out every rock,bug,and flower.Exclaiming each time "Look Dee!" Like she had never seen a grey rock or dandelion .I looked at her treasures but I had come to walk,and this was not going to be a quick jaunt around the block it was going to be an all day event.

Half way through she became tired and I had to carry her home,and we were not just a block or two away.But when she woke up all she could talk about was all that she saw on our walk.How many times do we overlook the small things in life.If your an adult probably quite a lot. If your 3 years old,you don't miss anything.And it is all exciting.Every day of your life is like going on a treasure hunt.You leave no stone unturned.You wake up excited and you go to sleep ,excited about tomorrow.

We need to look for the small blessings in life.We tend to notice the big ones,but most days we don"t have time to slow down and notice much.But it is the little things that became oh so important to those who's time is limited.

Each day the Lord fills our day with little blessings,and if we slow down and look around we will see them.I like to sit outside at dusk and watch the sunset.It is silent,except for the birds heading for home ,the geese flying in for the night or in the summer the bugs that come with warm weather.It is then when I quiet down and look around do I see what is around me.I can hear my self breathing ,which reminds me that I am alive,something we take for granted so often.

I hear the birds and the night sounds,which tells me I have the ability to hear and I am thankful for that.I love the sound of the silence at dusk.When we take the time to sit and see all that He has created it is amazing,and we become thankful for even the tiniest details.But when we are running full speed ahead ,looking ahead at whatever we hope to accomplish ,get or do, we miss all the little blessings and we forget how awesome He is,and how amazing life can be.

Why do we choose to run through this life when we have the choice to slow down and sit and take in all that is around us?.To spend time with those we love before it is to late.To remember that He has given us life and breath and a wonderful life that most days we take for granted.Why do we put off the important things for another day.What if that day does not come?.Why miss out on all He has put in front of us to enjoy.Take the time to notice the little things .Your life is a gift from God,now go and live it to its fullest.Live your life with excitement and joy.You will be glad you did.

This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24

blessings
Dee



T

No comments: