Friday, February 22, 2008

This picture gives me the willies. I wonder if it is real or created on a computer.I can't even imagine what thoughts would run through your head if you were swimming up to a wave and there in front of you is a huge shark. I'm sure a million things would run through your mind but I can guarantee that the first one would be how in the world do I get the heck out of here.ASAP,I believe that even those who do not believe in God would be calling out his name.

I have a friend who has surfed around the world.In one country they are a mile away from shore,thats where the waves are.Two of them surf while the other two look for sharks.What I want to know is ,if they do spot one, do they realize that they are a mile from land? What now? Thinking of this scares me to death.But they love to surf and if a shark or two has to be there, oh well ,they keep an eye out,but they are there to ride the wave.

At times our life is like being at sea,we can float on our backs enjoying the sunshine, we can ride the gentle waves.At times they are small and few,other times they come in like a thundering wall of water that is being pushed by a storm,Huge rolling sets that knock us off our feet, rolling us under the sea,while we are gasping for air,trying to swim to shore.

Occasionally there is a shark or two, that will put fear in us, we are trying to enjoy the water and they appear out of nowhere.Sometimes it is just the little crabs grabbing at our feet, the sun light that is a little too bright that day, causing some uncomfortable sunburn,nothing to bad,but annoying and a bit painful.

Each day can change in an instant just like the tide.But like the surfers the one thing we need to focus on is the ride ,its all about the ride.There may be huge storms in your life, or there may be minor annoyances each day like the sunburn,but with Jesus we can ride it out.You cannot surf with out a surf board,and you cannot get through life without Jesus.There will always be those waves that come in here and there and knock us off our feet, there will be a shark or two that will show up when least expected to scare us half to death.Jesus is that hand that will reach in when you are trapped under that wave,and pull you to shore,He is the one who will protect you when the sharks show up.

Jeremiah 33:3 — “Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.”

Philippians 4:13 — “I can do all things through Christ which strengthened me.”

Joshua 1:5-7,9 As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you. Be strong and courageous. Be strong and very courageous. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.

Blessings
Dee

No comments: