Thursday, February 14, 2008

These hands


Yesterday I had the opportunity to sit next to my son at church. As our children grow older we spend less time with them,they have friends, sports,and jobs.So any opportunity to sit with them is precious.

I was watching him rub his hands together,he plays the guitar and his fingers must have been sore.I watched those hands,The ones that used to play with play doh for hours,the ones that played pat a cake ,the ones that he would place one on either side of my face,press his nose to mine and say I love you to God and back a million ,billion times. The ones that play the guitar,the ones that are now bigger than mine .They are the hands of a young man. And they are so familiar.

I looked at each finger trying to remember whose hands he had, mine or his Dads.When they are small you can look at their tiny little body for hours.You memorize each crease,each little dimple,You can see your self in them.Your hands,your nose,even the way they lift their one eyebrow,just like you. We know every inch of their tiny bodies.

At times we seem to know what they are going to do before they even think about it. We know them better than they know themselves.But the funny thing is,they don't know that.Until they become adults with children of their own.So as they grow older they think they can hide things from us.But because we have watched them grow every day of their lives,we know their mannerisms,every thing about them,most of the time they can't hide things from us.

This is how it is with Jesus.He knows us better than we know ourselves.He knows each dimple,each crease,He knows exactly how many hairs we have on our heads.He created us.He knows what tomorrow will bring.What we will say and do.He knows what we struggle with.Our every thought.

He is there to hold our hands,the ones he knows so well.The ones that He created.We need to remember we are never alone.There is nothing about us that He does not know.

So,when you are feeling alone,He is there.When you think that no one knows what you are going through.He does.When the darkness closes in and we are fearful,and we don't know which way to turn.He is there.There is nothing that we can hide from Him.Go to Him and tell him whats on your heart.He's been waiting to hear from you.

luke 12;7 indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Do not fear; you are more valuable than many sparrows.

Psalm 139:1-4

O LORD, you have searched me and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O LORD.

Blessings
Dee

No comments: