Friday, February 15, 2008

Letter to my child


I got to thinking this morning.Of all the things we question in our lives. Why are we here? What is my purpose? Of all the things we go through and wonder why? They just don't make sense to us at times .We wonder what lies ahead . I think if Jesus could write us a letter,it would sound something like this.

Dear Beloved one.You who are my most awesome creation,

You must know that I do not make mistakes.I know you may argue with me sometimes,when you look in the mirror some days.But believe me,You are truly perfect in my eyes.There is no one else in this world that is like you. Do not believe the lies of the world.You are amazing,

I created you for a purpose. I watch you some days just sitting there,not believing that.You wonder why you are here?,You feel that you are nothing special.Well,have I got news for you! I gave you life and put you this earth to do my work.To have a life full of joy and blessings.You have great gifts and talents waiting to be used.There is an amazing life out there, just waiting for you to start living it.

Why, yes there will be days filled with pain.I do not promise sunny skies every day.But remember I am right beside you when you go through them.You will not understand why they are happening.But just wait,you will see one day why they had to take place.
Some days I will carry you in my arms like a father carries a small child when they grow weary and cannot walk any further. We will go through it all together.

I am perfecting you and growing you like the farmer who plants a seed in the field. It is watered and nurtured,at times the weather may be harsh,but the plant is growing stronger and can withstand the driving rain or wind.Here and there the farmer may prune the plant ,this may be painful at first but in the end it will grow vigorous and strong . More beautiful than ever. So trust me one that I love so much.Although you will have pain and heartache at times,you will emerge wiser and stronger than ever before.

I know at times you will question me.And that is ok.You see, On the day I created you.I knew what every day of your life would be like.I know it from beginning to end.You can only see what is happening now.At times I wish that I could give you a glimpse of what lies ahead,just so you would stop worrying.Oh if you only knew what wonderful things lay ahead you would stop being so fearful.You will have to trust me.Trust me with your life.For I have plans for you.Ones that you can never imagine,they are so wonderful.Each event in your life is part of my perfect plan.So even though there will ups and downs,disappointment,grief,and many questions.Trust me I know what I am doing.You will see.

And so my most precious creation all that I ask from you is that you believe what I have written in this letter.When you look in that mirror ,take a good look at my wonderful,perfect handiwork,You! Know that without a doubt I love you and all of those around you more than you will ever know.

Go and enjoy the life that I have given you.Do my work,ask me to show you what you are good at and where I want you today.Know that I am doing a mighty work in you.That each day of your life you are being perfected .Though you will have struggles and hard times,Remember I am with you and I have wonderful things ahead. I will give you days of overflowing joy,so much that you feel your heart will burst.I will provide for your every need .So beloved,I ask that you believe me with all your heart .I know what I am doing.Trust me I won't let you down.

Love Jesus

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Joshua 1:9
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.

Matthew 10:29
Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered, do don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.

Blessings
Dee

No comments: