Friday, March 7, 2008

1-800-Jesus


Today as I was chatting with a woman who was not feeling well, I said to her" would you like me to pray with you?" Her response was" no I don't need that "and proceeded to quickly, I mean quickly walk away from me."You don't want me to pray for you when you don't feel well"? I said.She walked away shaking her head no.The funny thing is this woman is a Christian.I have had this happen other times,with women who had professed to being Christians, who ran bible studies in their homes.And they said no. No to prayer......That is like a woman saying no to a lifetime supply of chocolate. Or to a man, Free cable with all the sports channels for the rest of your life.How can you pass it up? But for some reason so many of us do. We don't understand the power behind it.We don't realize that we have the power to move mountains.Prayer can cause life changing events to start taking place.

This is one area that I just find so hard to believe at times,that people don't want prayer.This is like the Hotline to God.This is huge. We are given the privilege of having a God who is wide awake 24 hours a day ,ready at a moments notice to hear our prayers, our fears,our worries and our cries.This is what He wants us to do.It is like picking up the phone anytime and calling your best friend.The one who you know will be there,who will listen to you,who will say the right thing to comfort you.The one who you can call at any hour.

I think of last spring .My Mother was battling lung cancer. What do you do in that case? Do you sit back,cross your fingers and hope that it turns out ok? No you pray,you pray with all your might.He already knows what you will be praying for,but He wants to hear it come out of your mouth.He wants your full attention.He wants you to pray believing that He does hear your prayers and that He will answer it.We need to believe it and receive it.

I think of every week when I meet with my friend to pray.I look back at my journals that are filled with answers to the prayers that we have prayed.He doesn't want us to hold our breath and hope for the best.He wants us to bring it to him.

As we pray He may not answer our prayers how we want them answered.But He does answer every single one.We do not know why He chose to heal my Mother ,while others have left this earth.But I do know He is using her in a mighty way.And He will continue to do so until her job is finished here.

.We do not know what lies ahead for any of us.But the one thing we do know is we have access to Him twenty four seven.That is 24 hours a day,7 days a week,365 days a year for the rest of your life.We need to stop crossing our fingers and holding our breath,and start praying.

And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God. For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.
Mark 11:22-23 (KJV)

Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. (Jeremiah 29:12)

Blessings
Dee



No comments: