Friday, January 11, 2008

Have no fear Jesus is here


Joshua 1:9 Have a I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous.Do not be terrified,do not be discouraged,for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.

I like thunder.The window rattling,earth shaking type.The kind that is usually accompanied by the cracks of lightening that light up the sky for miles and make your hair stand on end that end in that sharp crack that makes your heart pound. We live on the water so the storms are intense and sometimes a little frightening. But exciting at the same time.But I only like this type of weather if I am safe in my house or in a car.If I am outside, or on the water or anywhere near an open field.Well, thats a different story!

When I was small and there was a storm,I remember being afraid because you were always told to stay away from windows and doors.I always thought that if i tried to run by a window or door,that a bolt of lightening who come through and get me as I was running by.I also remember at times being in my bed with the covers over my head.Sweating half to death but afraid to uncover my head. believing that my covers would shield me from a lightening bolt. Who came up with that method of protection? I can assure you it won't work.

As an adult I have learned quite a bit about storms.How to tell the distance of the storm.How they work and the safety measures one must use during one. Whether I chose to follow these directions is entirely up to me.These storms remind me of life.

When a storm enters our life.And they will,Perhaps you are in the middle of one right now.We have the choice we can cover our heads and pretend they aren't happening.We can stay away from windows and doors hiding in the dark.

Or we can choose to stand up and walk with courage in the midst of it all.We can remember that Jesus is the one who can offer us protection in the midst of our storm.He is right in the middle of it all. Though at times we cannot see him working.He is there.Don't be afraid and pull the covers over your head.Remember who is with you and walk with the assurance that He will lead you to shelter.That he will prove his strength when the odds are the greatest and hope is the smallest.He will protect you no matter where you are.

If your under the shelter of Jesus,the wind may howl and the windows can shake,but you will be safe and warm and dry until that storm ends and the skies clear.

Psalm 32:7 You are my hiding place,you will protect from trouble.and surround me with songs of deliverance.

Blessings
Dee

No comments: