Monday, December 31, 2007

Bring your burdens to me

I am always captivated by pictures of sad people,surrounded by stormy skies.I feel a kinship so to speak with them.While my life at this moment does not resemble that nor do I walk around covered in a cloak of sadness.As a matter of fact at this point in my life I am experiencing great joy.One that I have not really ever known.

But I do remember times in my life where that was how I felt most of the time.No one knows when these times will come upon us.One day were just fine,everything seems to be going well and all of a sudden it is like someone pulled the rug out from under us.We feel like all our joy and hope has left us, never to return again.

It could be devastating news that comes in a moment,knocking the wind out of us with disbelief, fear sets in immediately and the downward spiral begins.
Perhaps its been an on going trial,we have grown weary of our uphill battle. We have run the marathon so to speak and we are just plain wore out.We have given up, not one ounce of energy left to come even close to the finish line.
We have questions,upon questions we have no hope ,where is God? Whats our purpose? and we wonder if we will ever return to what we once were.

Just like the story of hansel and gretel they wander into the woods,leave a trail of crumbs which are eaten by the birds.They can't find their way back,its getting darker and darker,the forest is full of scary shadows and unknown things.They just want to go home,but can't find their way back.Have you ever felt like that? You just want to go home, but it seems an awfully long way off and you can't remember how to get back there?

Matthew 11:28 -30 Come to me,all you who are weary and burdened.and I will give you rest.Take my yoke upon you,and learn from me.for I am gentle and humble in heart. And you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.

So many times we are in the wilderness,a place of fear or great sadness.Wandering in unknown territory.But Jesus is there and he is saying"come to Me" Give me your burdens, give me your depression,I know right where you are and I will bring you home,I will bring you out of the forest that you cannot find your way out of. Come to me and I will give you rest.He is the one who can restore your joy.He is the one who will carry you through it all.Go to him all who are weary and burdened.Go.

Isaiah 41:10 Do not be afraid for I am with you .Do not be dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you,I will help you.I will uphold you with my victorious hand.
Blessings
Dee

No comments: